At CrossFit NOLA, all athletes and membres agree to
- Respect everybody equally
- Be honest. Integrity plays an important role in creating a positive work environment at CrossFit NOLA. This includes avoiding the urge to cheat on reps
- Be coachable
- Create positive relationships
- Help make our community safe, secure, and supportive each day
In order to create the best environment for every person that walks through our door, athletes must follow the following etiquette guidelines
- Be respectful of the coaches and each other. We will not tolerate abuse or bullying of any kind.
- Be on time. Athletes that arrive late, may miss certain portions of class in order to safely perform the workout of the day.
- Keep your coach updated. Let your coach know if you are injured or if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort. We want you to be safe! It is better for us to know what’s going on so that we can modify workouts for you.
- Pay attention when the coach is giving instruction. Avoid having your own private conversation or do your own thing when the coach is trying to give instruction to the class.
- Wait to grab equipment after your coach is done giving instruction. Please be patient. Allow your coach to give their instructions and for others to have the chance to ask questions, get clarification, hear direction, and watch movement standards before grabbing equipment. It is distracting when others are talking or grabbing equipment. We appreciate it when our athletes respect their coaches and other athletes at this time.
- Refrain from coaching other athletes. We appreciate your willingness to help. If you see that someone is in need of assistance, let us know.
- Clean up after yourself. If you used it, wipe it down and put equipment away. Any excess chalk on the ground must also be cleaned.
- Keep track of your personal belongings. All personal belongings must be stowed away prior to the start of class.
- Don’t drop the barbell. Dropping a bar without plates or a bar with 10lb plates is prohibited and can damage the equipment.
- Don’t drop other equipment. Dropping kettlebells and dumbbells overhead is prohibited, and can damage the equipment