Hey Everyone! The event you've all been waiting for is coming up again. Please read the following information to see if you would like to participate in this event. Please sign up in the comments box, or email Mollie at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you want to participate. Please write RX or non-RX next to your name. You will also need to sign up on the link below. I need to give Redstick Crossfit a list of people going by August 17th. After that, there will be a 10 dollar fee to participate, and then 20 dollars after September 10th. Raising money for this event could land you two round-trip tickets to the 2012 Crossfit Games!
If you are not familiar with Fight gone Bad, here is the workout:"Fight Gone Bad!"
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20/14 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75/55 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75/55 pounds (Reps)
In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.Please Read the note below from Crossfit RedStick who will be sponsoring the event in Baton Rouge:
We are extremely excited to have 12 gyms signed up for this years Fight Gone Bad. Last year, as you know, we only had 5 gyms and we raised over $8000 (Great job: TPG, Geaux, Red Stick, NOLA, and Sulphur)!
Now for some logistical details, just in case you aren't familiar with the event...
This is a fundraiser event: 100% of the proceeds go to: Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Camp Patriot, and the CrossFit Foundation. To be a part of FGB6...
1. Register online at http://fgb6.org, and have your teammates do the same.
2 Raise at least $150 to compete.
Awards are given on Individual, National, and Regional levels.Individuals who raise $150 or more will receive an Official FGB 6 Event T-shirt after the event.
Individuals who raise $500 or more will receive an Official FGB 6 Event Hoodie after the event.
The highest fundraising individual will receive an all expense paid trip for 2 to attend the 2012 CrossFit Games.
There are two divisions eligible for awards:
Regional: The highest fundraising Affiliate in each region in each division will receive a Traveling Trophy with their Affiliate name, the event name and the year they won on the plaque.
The 2011 Pukie Film Festival details will be announced in September 2011.
NOW for the logistics of Fight Gone Bad 6, Louisiana Style!
September 17, 2011
8:00am -til (depending on number of athletes: would like to wrap up by 3:00pm)
USS Kidd, Louisiana War Memorial Plaza
305 River Road N.
Baton Rouge, La 70801
Our goal is to run a well organized, fun and exciting CrossFit event that is effective at raising money for these great causes and that secures its place as an annual Louisiana CrossFit event! In order to accomplish this, please adhere to the following:
1. Let us know that your gym is participating by 09/05/2011 (y'all can mark this off your to-do lists if you are one of the 12 listed above).
2. Let us know the Name of each athlete, Male/Female, RX/Scaled/ by August 17, 2011 (so we can start planning heats) - please also indicate the names of coaches that are attending.
3. If you have an athlete that signs up after August 17, we will require a $10.00 fee up until September 10th. If they sign up after September 10th, we will require a $20.00 fee.
3. There will be a group of us going to Tsunami after the event for some sushi and post WOD sake! So, we can make reservations, please give us a head count for after workout festivities by September 10, 2011.
4. Each participant in Fight Gone Bad 6, Louisiana Style! must raise at least $150.00 to compete. The number one goal of FGB is to raise money for these more than worthy charities.
5. Each participant must sign an event waiver (more details later).
6. Coach and athlete heats will be separate to allow for proper support and the coaching of all athletes.
7. Each athlete that signs up by August 17th will get 5 event tickets to hand out to family/friends. This ticket will be used for raffle prizes and to get into the War Museum for free the day of Fight Gone Bad.
8. In the event of rain, we will still hold FGB6 outdoors (except the rowers will be subbed for kettlebell swings).
9. We are working with sponsors and many volunteers to keep this event efficient and on a tight budget so that participants may focus their attention on raising money for these charities and having a blast!
We will provide the following at NO cost to you:
SWEET Prizes for top winners in all events, and more...
Prizes for raffle tickets.
Organizing and Running of the event
10. We will have official Fight Gone Bad, Louisiana Style! t-shirts for sale if you are interested. (more information on pre-ordering t-shirts to come).
We will be in touch. Thank you all for your dedication to CrossFit, your athletes and FGB6!
Lance and Erin King
Red Stick CrossFit
504-861-0610 (call or text)
We are the first, largest, and most experienced CrossFit affiliate in New Orleans!
Free Intro Class
Click here to sign up!
Next Fundamentals Classes
Interested in joining the gym?
New to CrossFit?
We have fundamentals classes starting 5 out of every 6 weeks!
Sign up here!
More info here
Space is limited! (if you wait until the last day, you might not get in) is
Sites We Visit
Hollywood LiveStock, Next delivery date JULY 31
GoRuck Oct 26th
Marks Daily Apple
Motor City CrossFit
Beyond the Whiteboard
Gary Taubes's Blog