"Our specialty is not specializing."
Yes, in CrossFit we aim to have the heaviest lifts, most pull-ups, and fastest sprints all at once. But sometimes focusing on one area will help all of your numbers go up. Join Rae, CrossFit Level I and CrossFit Powerlifting certified, in a special Tuesday, Thursday, (some) Saturday, and Sunday powerlifting training program. This is your chance to build lean muscle, develop explosiveness that will transfer to your Olympic lifts, and just beast out on some really heavy stuff. Don't worry if you haven't focused much on your lifts before, we'll build you up.
We will follow a version of the Conjugate system developed by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell and the programming of Mark Bell at Super Training Gym. This includes revolving large and small exercises, as well as proper loading of volume and how to change the intensity zones in a one week max effort revolving system, utilizing a three-week pendulum wave loading to develop a special strength from explosive strength, speed strength, strength speed as well as circa-max wave, and how to use the delayed transformation phase for general CrossFit training and running events. We'll do max effort lifts Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30pm and speed work on Saturdays and Sundays at 11am. The Tuesday and Thursday max effort days strengthen you, the speed days of Saturday and Sunday make you explosive, and all workouts with high volume make one develop muscle through special exercises.
Powerlifting comprises of the squat, bench press, and deadlift, but we'll throw in kettlebell and assistance work for variety. Expect to train your Olympic lifts as well.
A few notes:
1) Each session counts as a class (unlimited members, this is included).
2) You will need to bring a notebook to class to record your lifts.
3) Each session we will do short metcons/strength conditioning after lifting. Do not do class at 4:30, 5:30, or 6:30pm and then lift. If you want to do both the daily WOD and powerlifting, come in the morning at 7:30am or noon.
4) There will be experimentation since this is a new program. Come with an open mind and we'll talk one-on-one about your goals and develop a plan to get you there.
5) If you expect to see results, you will have to commit to consistent attendance at sessions. This is not a "drop-in" whenever type of CrossFit WOD: in exchange for your commitment we are investing in you and doing personalized planning to increase your PRs. If you have a consistent conflict with one of the days, contact Rae for a workaround.
6) Wear a flat shoe, ideally Converse All-Stars.
7) This is for members of all levels, from the absolute beginner who has never benched before to the firebreather who squats 600 raw.
Some things you can expect: box squats, benching, dragging sleds, using resistance (including bands), using the reverse hyper, Dimel deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, sumo squats, deficit deadlifts, and more.
Email Jeff and Rae (firstname.lastname@example.org), or post to comments if you have questions or would like to sign up. To find out more about powerlifting, check out http://www.westside-barbell.com/, http://www.powerwod.com/, and http://www.supertraininggym.com/
504-861-0610 (call or text)
We are the first, largest, and most experienced CrossFit affiliate in New Orleans!
Free Intro Class
Click here to sign up!
Next Fundamentals Classes
Interested in joining the gym?
New to CrossFit?
We have fundamentals classes starting 5 out of every 6 weeks!
Sign up here!
More info here
Space is limited! (if you wait until the last day, you might not get in) is
Sites We Visit
Hollywood LiveStock, Next delivery date JULY 31
GoRuck Oct 26th
Marks Daily Apple
Motor City CrossFit
Beyond the Whiteboard
Gary Taubes's Blog