Registration starts tomorrow!
I would like to share an email a great coach wrote to his members about this challenge:
...And in honor of tomorrow being the first day to register (remember, the actual Challenge Prelims start on Saturday, September 15), I've put together what I'm calling 'The 7 Stages of the Whole Life Challenge'. This has come from talking to so many of you about the benefits of accountability and participation...be sure to tell me in comments what stage you're at! My mom, she's finally reached stage 5! Boom. We'll all be at Stage 7 on Saturday, November 10 (The Challenge Finals).
1- Denial: I don’t need a Challenge, I’m fine. (me: Sure you are… have you SEEN the video below?)
2- Pain & Guilt: I’m too (insert yours here: busy, tired, perfect) already to take this on. I can’t do a Challenge in September – I’ve only got 4 more weeks to get ready for it, there’s no way I can be ready in 4 weeks.
3- Anger & Bargaining: That's not how I already do things! Maybe I’ll watch others do the Challenge, and see if they get any results with all this ‘regular and moderate exercise, improved nutrition, stretching, and fish oils’ sensible approach.
4- Depression: ‘Everyone else is going to rock the challenge, but not me…there’s NO WAY I can do 8 weeks of this. I always (insert your crutch here), I can't go 8 weeks without it! Ok, I’ll register, but I doub’t I’ll do well. Everyone else is perfect…everyone but me.
5- The Upward Turn: Wait, this is actually pretty cool...everyone else seems pretty stoked about the Challenge too…they’re even looking forward to it…what would my life look like if I really took advantage of this awesome opportunity? (me: your life would be even more awesome, of course!)
6- Reconstruction: You’re DOING the Challenge (starting with the Prelims on Saturday, September 15) AND…you’re actually living the goals and life that others ENVY. Your friends & family want to register and get in on the awesomeness (and they actually can!).
7- Acceptance & Hope: You have internalized the process that we’ve designed to help you live your healthiest life ever. Now, this doesn’t mean you’re perfect. This doesn’t mean you earned a perfect score but are miserable. This means you try hard, cut yourself some slack, and know a ton more about how your body operates, avoid the pitfalls that usually diminish your long term results and kick you off track, and saw some amazing results from the 8 weeks. By now you’ve no doubt inspired others in your to try to live healthier…now they’re not at stage 7…they’re maybe at 2 or 3…and that’s OK – you were there just a few weeks ago, remember?
Leave a Reply.
Paleo in a Nutshell
- How do I eat better? (CrossFit RVA)
- Paleo Eating: For Health, Longevity, Performance and Looking Good (CrossFit Evolution newsletter)
- Introduction on How and What to Eat - pdf (Potomac CrossFit)
- Primal Eating (Cosmopolitan Primal Girl)
- Transitioning to a Paleo diet (Straight To The Bar)
- Start Here (Paleo Brands)
- The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating Plan(Mark's Daily Apple)
- Getting Started: A Brief Guide to Paleo/Primal Living(Pay Now, Live Later)
- CrossFit: Nutrition - Start Here (CF Main Site)
- Nutritional First Steps (CrossFit Impulse)
- Whole30: Start Here -- article talks about importance of trying strict Paleo for 30 days
- How to be healthy: 101 (CPlentus, CF KoP)